Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do

So originally I was thinking that I would name this blog the Do's and Dont's of Life. Since Dont's is really awkward to write and the title isn't very catchy, I decided to change it to what I have now. However, I already had an entry in mind so I thought I would share that with you now. Enjoy :)

DON’T: Forget to read the terms and agreements

I used to think that it was a waste of time to read the Terms and Agreements before I clicked accept when downloading or signing up for a new service or software. However, since working closely with the owner and creator of a new website, and seeing the business side of things, I have realized that there is quite a lot of valuable information that one could be missing by neglecting to read these stipulations. For instance, did you know that whenever you upload or post something to Facebook, that information is no longer yours but rather belongs to Facebook itself? Sure you can untag yourself or even delete your account, but all that information is still out there in cyber space and is no longer yours to remove. Because of this, embarrassing pictures or incriminating comments can keep you from landing a job, especially in this economy when the competition is so cut throat. Employers are hacking into everyone’s social networking sites to have a look around before even considering an interview because of the quantity of applications that come pouring in daily. So although you may think you’re just having a laugh between a few friends of some embarrassing pictures from the weekend, remember that you could be keeping all involved from landing any type of employment.


DO: Remember to have “me” time

Life can get pretty hectic, leaving us with little time for leisure. However, it is important to set aside some time for yourself. Whether it is taking up a hobby like pottery, going for a long walk on the beach, or just lounging around writing random thoughts you have, “me time” can really help you sort through your emotions and keep your stress levels down. Personally, I like to spend my “me time” writing down my thoughts, cooking, or going for a long walk by myself. Others spend their “me time” taking a class at a local community college, riding their motorcycle up the coast, or exercising.  As it is “me time” it really is up to you to decide what activity to partake in. However, remember that the more secluded you are from other “outside noise,” the more beneficial your personal time will be. For ideas, you can check out websites such as http://www.discoverahobby.com/. Just follow your heart and do whatever makes you happy!!

 

Be sure to check in next week for more Random Thoughts from the Shower! This is KRS signing off J 

1 comment:

  1. First off I would like to say that I have already taken your advice about reading the terms and aggreements. Second I think I might just sign up for that pottery class now, so I can make ya something special. I'm totally stoked for your blog!

    ReplyDelete